how do i get STARTED
Increasing your bicycling or walking may sound challenging – but it doesn’t need to be. You can get started – today! After all, about two-thirds of all trips of less than one mile are made by car. These are trips you might easily do by bicycling or walking – –even just one per week or month. And in short order, you’ll see the benefits: for your health, your pocketbook, and your community.
- Bicycling and/or walking reduces blood pressure
- Bicycling and/or walking increases good cholesterol (HDL) and reduces bad cholesterol (LDL)
- Bicycling and/or walking is a great way to meet your neighbors and build community
- Bicycling means no more parking fees–and no more parking tickets!
- Bicycling is better for the environment–and our local community
- Bicycling can save money as gas prices continue to climb
You don’t have to commit to a marathon or the Tour de France to begin. Just get started. Ride your bicycle to the store. Walk with your daughter to school. It just takes a ride or step to get started.
So, take that first step today – –if you need help, here are some resources: